Sunday, February 04, 2007

I was Not Posting Due to This Preparation-HHCC!!!



Where have I been?


I promised that I will be posting more often for Daily Captures and its been a week since I did it. Well, just to let everyone know that I had my first(Wait....)


Maternity Pictorial!


Yes, I did!!! I am so happy. It's not that adventurous though since we only limit ourselves within their home. It's zero degrees here in Illinois right now. Everything is not working, even our internet was disabled due to frigid weather. Its horrible. I was kind of nervous because---

  1. She's not a close friend, so its really less forgiving for me. I just asked her if I can take her picture since I really want to try maternity photography. To those who haven't experience it, its fun, yet you have to really be patient since they can't move fast and you have to look for nice angle.

  2. Remember I have a problem figuring out my depth of field. And I notice that when I'm having my pictorial with borrowed kids, I tend to rush and everything looks blurry because I don't know how far I have to stand back. I think on this pictorial I did well on the depth of field issue, but as usual, I really need to practice since it has to be reflex how far you step back.

  3. Its my first try to do backlighting with a human being. Before, I limit myself to stuff stoys and object since I really have no one to practice it with. Their house is only limited to a wall with an aquarium and 2 huge windows, so I have no choice but to really do backlighthing. I memorized every step of backlighthing, its just a matter of doing it to a person.

Fun Part?

I finally learned how to do focus and recompose. Mar and Amanda kpet on telling me how to do it everytime I post pictures, I read it believe me but for some reason, I don't understand how to do it till during that pictorial. I kept on reading postings about focus and DOF and they keep on repeating that, focus then recompose, halfway press on the shutter, then recompose. I read one post that says, you have to practice how to focus and recompose till it becomes reflex, because to her(the one who posted) it becomes a reflex to focus and recompose.

I was like Karate Kid, I was preparing myself to this pictorial since she's my co-worker and my name is on the line on this one. So I was busy, reading postings at 2 peas about DOF and Focus because this will be my first time to do two people in one photo.


Exposure Information--

ISO 800, F/5.6, SS from 125 to 200. The backlighthing is ISO 1600, F/5.6, SS200. The darken image is ISO 1600 at ss1000, with F/5.6. Step back, focus and recompose. Our setting is limited to the 2 huge windows in the kitchen and the living room. I hope I did well.

Thanks for everything, Peas! HHCC on this one. Give it to me, Baby!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hey Tiffany--Thanks for the comments on my pic today. I just wanted to let you know that I use the FREE noiseware community edition. I'm sure if you google it, you won't have trouble finding it. It really helps!!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I love the first one. I think maybe with the first two you could do some coor stauration to really make them pop. I can't get my lighting right, so I can't help you there. Great job!

3:15 PM  
Blogger . said...

These look good for your first try. I might try a less distracting background. The window lines take away from the picture. Also, maybe something a little more plain (in clothes) would work better on mothers stomach. These are great though! :)

5:49 PM  
Blogger Rheagan Leatherwood said...

Very cute. I like them alot.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

You did so well! Congratulations! And I LOVE that you post every tiny bit of your information.
Great job!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 Peas Photographers
Ring Owner: Solei Site: Two Peas in a Bucket Photography Board
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com