Sunday, January 07, 2007




We're taking the Christmas decorations down. I love the Nutcracker dolls, do you call them doll? Anyway, we are storing them and before doing that I just have to take my pictures of them.


I did backlighing on this one. I placed the Nutcrackers on top of the dining table, opened the door from the kitchen, the light is behind the Nutcrackers. Set my tripod and my exposure. I'm trying to remember my note on Backlighting, partial metering, meter the subject, doesn't need to be in focus, when you read the meter, maintain that meter reading, position yourself and make the composition with the same meter reading you have or underexpose. Right now since I am still starting, I try to do bracketing and try different exposure and then analyze it later.


Exposure information-- ISO100, SS 8, F/5.6. Used a Tripod, I do not have a steady hand. Time I took the picture was 4pm in the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 Peas Photographers
Ring Owner: Solei Site: Two Peas in a Bucket Photography Board
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com