Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First Capture




This is the picture that makes me smile and realize how fun life is if you treat it like a child.

I went to see competitive gymnastics and witness how competitive gymnasts live their life, how their parents and siblings support and help them with their dream, its not easy. The waiting, the anticipation, the looks of frustration, the pain, I see all this things that day, and I can’t help but be impressed. Their life is centered to their passion.

My friend’s daughter is a Level 9, one level away from going to the Olympics, if she won’t get in the team and remain a Level 9, a full college scholarship to at least the top 10 university in the nation is the consolation, not bad, if you ask me.








It’s stressful to watch and I found relief taking pictures of beginner gymnasts who have no cares of winning, just performing and having fun. Know nothing about beating anyone, just have fun. The first thing we learn in life, and we seem to forget about it.

Photo Information and what I did---

Its at the McCormick Place in Chicago, Crummy, crummy lighting, and I assure you, crummy crummy lighting. No flash photography, of course, for the safety of the kids while they perform and I mean they will confiscate the camera.

I used my 300mm lense, Canon, XT, Exposure for all the photos is f/8, SS60 to125 at ISO 1600. How can you take a descent sports photography photo on situation like this? I hope someone will give me an idea.

Thanks, Peas!

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I think that you did pretty good for no flash. I put my picture up on my blog ...just for you ;). I'm glad that you're joining in the fun. Good job here.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! And love the way you told the story that went with the pictures. Very intersting.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos..

7:56 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Cari, post your blog... I live at wesmere!!!! The Groves. Email me at stephanyphotography@yahoo.com

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 Peas Photographers
Ring Owner: Solei Site: Two Peas in a Bucket Photography Board
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com