Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Let me Tell You Why I Pursued Photography

HHCC to me, I cry in the Shower!!!! hahahaha!! Kidding~~~ HHCC to me(Seriuosly), I would love to enhance myself. I need to learn layering too, my workflow is so boring.


I went to a 6 weeks photography class in our community college here in Joliet, Illinois, when I got married and I tell you, its hard to be a photographer. I started learning in film, so just imagine all the exposure and settings that you have to memorize. I didn't know that not only you have to memorize exposure and situation. You have to train your eyes on how to look at things. When my husband bought me my Rebel XT, its another animal to learn about, white balance, recompose, catchlights. It was easy to catch up if you understand F/stop and Shutterspeed, all others I'm still getting to know my camera.

The first time I held a DSLR and used it without formal classes, I always say, "I don't like this kind of camera, they are blurry when you take picture, I think its broken!"


OMG!


Its not broken, I just don't know how to use it. But human nature, we always blame the camera, or if we take good pictures, people will say, "Oh! because you have an expensive camera! thats why!"


After my six week class, my coworker asked me to take picture of her horse since she wants her to join the christmas critter photo contest, I didn't use a DSLR on it, I use a point and shoot camera and manual took picture, guess all exposures. My friend submitted it and it won--


Grand Prize.


I'm trying to look for my picture, but I can't fnd it. My husband told me that it crashed, I can't access my walgreens album right now and I can't find the newpaper where it was published. Its nothing fancy, the horse won horse food and gift certificate from a pet store.


I got the bragging rights.





Her name is Winnie, and I tell you she is every photographer's dream animal to take picture, she doesn't move at all. My friend calls her, Tyra Banks of Horses.

Exposure information---
Top Picture, ISO 100, F/8, SS200, WB 5750, adjusted curves and level, did a little cloning on the eyes since its has some dirt but thats it.

Bottom picture, ISO 100, F/400, F/8 WB 5700, adjusted level and curves, also did some cloning on the eyes.

Everything is handheld, since it was bright sunny day and I can manage to get my shutter speed above 60. I did an F/8 on this since its horses and I'm scared that if they move I won't be able to capture enough focus or depth. I was just playing it safe. All pictures are taken in RAW, much easier to manipulate. Thanks Peas!

5 Comments:

Blogger Krissynae said...

These shot are beautiful Great job

7:48 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

I loved the pictures of the Horse!
You did a great job.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Sara D. said...

#1 is just awesome! love the angle and the DOF, would like to angle it up just a tad to see the top of that left ear, but it's a very small thing. Reminds me of my horse in high school,Flicka, I miss that beauty!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

very cool story tiffany! I love the horse pics too! Great job!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I love the second photo... very gorgeous horse! I should stop and photograph some of the horses I pass on my way home from work...

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 Peas Photographers
Ring Owner: Solei Site: Two Peas in a Bucket Photography Board
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com