Monday, January 08, 2007

The Giving Tree

I took this picture at 5am in the morning, with a 30' degree weather in Illinois, not counting the wind factor. No gloves, no earmuffs. I just rushed outside not thinking about getting myself warm and prepared. Its the californian in me I guess. I lived here in Illinois for 2 years now and I still haven't learned how to zip up my jacket when I get out of the house.

The first place I want to take my picture was frosted, there was no nice angle that I can find. I felt frustrated, drove home and worried. I thought "My first week for my Daily Capture and I can't even get one picture!". Driving home, I saw a flock of birds sitting on the electric wire post all line up, I was so excited. I stopped the car very quietly and change my lense, I have a 55mm mounted and the 300mm is a better choice for this picture. When I looked up, all the birds were gone.

Great!

Now I really got frustrated,"What am I going to do!?! Dear God, I know your busy but please help me." Then I looked around and saw the birds on the tree and I smiled, yes, they were asked to pose on a different setting, this time picture perfect. Took my shot.

And this picture I call the Giving Tree.



Exposure information---ISO 100, SS 8, F/8. I used a tripod on this one. Adjusted the WB to 31000 since its original image has a blueish tint on it, adjust on the curves and level. Thank you for looking.

12 Comments:

Blogger Sara D. said...

Oh my that is a beautiful tree! You'll have to take more as the seasons change!!!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Oooh! Very pretty! I would love that framed on my wall!

5:59 PM  
Blogger amazing grace said...

this is great---love the color tint.

i am glad i found your blog---your list was great--(100 things)---:)

tfs!!!

you're from my neck of the woods---i do not miss those COLD winters!

6:24 PM  
Blogger ~JustJulie~ said...

This is soooooo cool. I love the composition, the thought behind it, the conversion. All of it. Very nice.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I think you got a great photo. You missed out on the other ones because you were meant to take this pic.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Krissynae said...

WOW... Amazing photo. This tree is beautiful.

7:01 PM  
Blogger jordan.krogman said...

I adore this! You were smart to keep trying with this one. Just love the fog in it. TFS!!

7:49 PM  
Blogger meliss said...

Wow! I love the serene feeling to this.
Great job!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Nice picture! ILOVe it! great job!

8:51 PM  
Blogger lj0208 said...

i love this, boy is it good picture. it has such an eerie feeling to it.

thankyou for sharinf

10:17 PM  
Blogger Amy Covey said...

Awesome photo! I love feeling of it.

5:57 AM  
Blogger stacy said...

Great job - I really like this! :)

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 Peas Photographers
Ring Owner: Solei Site: Two Peas in a Bucket Photography Board
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com