Sunday, January 28, 2007

Finally I'm Back and Flowers for YOU!




I am just done working Saturdays. So now I can focus more on Photography. I've been visiting daily captures sites but no time to even take pictures.


Last Christmas, I got a 55mm 1.8 lens. Being me, I was so excited to use it. First stop, macro photography. Inside me, I said, how hard could it be, you take a picture of a flower.


I AM SO WRONG!!!


Now I have high respect, and I mean, higher than higher to those who do macro photography. Its hard!!!! just using f1.8 DOF. Are you kidding me?!?! it takes a lot of practice to focus. I don't even know if this picture is in focus, but oh well, I will try again next time.


I did backlighting on this. I love backlighting, it saves you from buying a white backdrop. Metered the flower at SS of 160, I back off and shot, of course my histogram is in awful shamble but thats how they said to do backlighitng with the subject in clear picture and the background all white.


Exposure Information:


ISO 100, F3.5, SS 160 to 200. If I go 250, its so dark.

Please give me additional tips, if you have one. Thanks for the help, Amanda.


BTW, I got a Scott Kelby Photoshop book for my 30th Birthday last January 22, and I tell you, its awesome, a person like me can even understand instruction from this book, I can't help but rave. Notice I did a watermark on my pictures now. WOW, I am so impressed with myself. I can't help it. This book is awesome.


Thank you for looking, Peas.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

i think this is cool! it would look so good as a greeting card...great job! and glad you get to stop working so much and start playing some!

2:09 PM  
Blogger barb said...

Very cool shot! Which Kelby book did you get?

5:46 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Great pic! I love the colors. You could use as a postcard or greeting card :)

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 Peas Photographers
Ring Owner: Solei Site: Two Peas in a Bucket Photography Board
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com