Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Page 122 of UE by Bryan Peterson


I always want to try the Special Technique that Bryan Peterson wrote in his book, Understanding Exposure. This help in darkening the background. I always wonder how they focus on a macro by darkening the background. Well, here it is, my first try.

My first reading was at SS125, this show all the shadows and tones, the white balance is blue but you can always fix that, you just need the balance reading, I then deliberately underexpose it by picking SS640. Thus, the result. Didn't do much on photoshop but just adjust a tad on the exposure to -1.0 but thats about it. I intend to do a dramatic shadow, with just focusing on the Ribbon and the hazel eyes.

Thanks for looking and HHCC on this. BTW, I bought the Photoshop CS2 by Scott Kelby. I'm just reading it right now and its 3am, got up and read a bit, I need to get back to bed.


Good Morning, Peas!

8 Comments:

Blogger barb said...

The technique coupled with her pose give it a very dreamy quality. I like it.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

This is very interesting! really makes you want to see more. I'll have to go read that section again

11:10 AM  
Blogger Julie C Butler said...

Don't you just love his book?? I too love it .. I am almost done .. and ready to read it all over again ..
Great photo ..

12:08 PM  
Blogger ~JustJulie~ said...

Sorry, I don't know anything about the technique, but I do think it's a beautiful photo.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

nice pic. I don't remember this, so I'm going to have to go back and check it out. thanks for sharing

5:20 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

very dramatic touch to the photo. I love his book. I feel I just keep reading and re-reading it. It's definately top on my list. Great job. TFS

5:33 PM  
Blogger --cherry said...

I don't know anything about he technique but i like the mood that the photo gives. Great shot...

7:47 PM  
Blogger Rheagan Leatherwood said...

This is beautiful!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 Peas Photographers
Ring Owner: Solei Site: Two Peas in a Bucket Photography Board
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com