Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I just Have to Post



Claude Monet

Pablo Picasso except the one at the bottom, I just think that the bottom was a cool shot, but that's me(LOL!)

I know I need to post something for the POTD or I might get kicked out! LOL!! Please don't, Peas!

Here are photos from our recent visit at the Art Institute of chicago. If you are a photographer, and of course we consider ourselves Artists, this is like a candy shop...one room is filled with Claude Monet, and yes, I can take pictures as long as there is no flash!!! I was in heaven, and there were a lot of people who were just jealous because my photos were clear compared to them. Ah, the joy of learning natural lighthing, thank you for teaching me, ladies. I saw the "stary starry nights painting" it was awesome. The picassos were just something to die for. One day in your life you should see work of arts like this. They are just the reason why we are here crafting and trying endlessly. They are the True Artist.


So Anyway, I went in the room filled with monet and I exclaimed, "OMG! Claude Monet, Bebe! look at the paintings!" I was calling my husband who was following me. He was at my back and said very matter of factly, "It looks like a photo out of focus!"

Two weeks after, I went to a Nature Photography Workshop, which I hate by the way, the teacher was awesome. I just don't like Nature Photography. I don't like the waiting, the crawling to get a good shot, it's too lonely for me. He said, he slowed the SS to get the soft out of focus touch, a monet-ish touch, AND I SMILED, I realized that despite the fact that my husband is not into photography as me, he knows what he is talking about.

Exposure info, F/5.6, SS 60, at ISO 1600, it was messy, the noise was horibble. But still manage to take a shot. There is really not much to be artistc about when you go to a museum, since everything is just painting on walls, so I try to think on how to not make things boring, and I did some contrasting shots.
Thanks for looking, Peas! I'm studying for my next session, this time a Family session and its one of my bosses at work so I really think I have to study and be inspired, I'm busy lurking at everyones blog to be inspired so I hope you understand why I am not posting that much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mom2Drew said...

I thought for a second you may have painted these, but then I started recognizing the art. Wow...beautiful, thanks for sharing.

7:39 AM  
Blogger amazing grace said...

Love the Art Institute! used to be my home....love Monet and Van Gogh and Seurat....:)

also, your pics from yesterday are great! love the emotion in the second photo of the mom's face.

leah

10:14 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I love your photos. These are beautiful. I should really start visiting all the museums around here.... maybe I'll bring my camera next week to work and go on a lunch break - you've inspired me :) Great job! good luck with your photo session!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

So lucky! I went to Chicago and the group I was with (a friend and her parents) opted to go to Navy Pier than the Art Museum! Talk about MAD! I was so disappointed, but too young to go by myself. Oh well...I'll go back some day and visit- And now that you've heard my sob story LoL...Great Pictures!!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 Peas Photographers
Ring Owner: Solei Site: Two Peas in a Bucket Photography Board
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com