Thursday, April 19, 2007

Finally!!!!






I know it's been a while but I was just so nervous with my first newborn session that I just have to focus and study.
So here are the things that I did before the session:

  1. Made a list of poses. Though I did not use it but at least I know what I have in mind.

  2. Make sure that you inquire how your client is, new moms tend to be having some hormone problem. Mine is a new mom so she's adjusting to everything, she was getting upset because I have so many things I want on my list, inluding asking them if they can just have the house neat, NOT CLEAN, just neat. I'd rather help them tidy things up than for me to do that in photoshop.
  3. Remember you have big dreams in your session, I know, the Anne Geddes poses and shots? your dream shots, tip, just be ready because reality is, sometimes the star is not align for you to have those shots.

  4. Beg, Beg to ask the parents that the baby would be sleeping during the session. That will not necessarily happen but human help and God's power can do wonder, but please ask if that is possible. I prayed the whole time.

  5. BRING A STUFF TOY. Some parents are not comfortable having other people touch their baby, at least you have a stuff toy to use to demonstrate to them what you want and an idea. I never held the baby, I don't know how anyway, so I won't dare. =)

I want a bare shot but the baby will never ever take his blankie off...he cries like there was no tomorrow. So no bare shots for me...talking about Dreaming Big.

HHCC on this one please. This is my first ever newborn and will have another one this saturday.

No challenge on my exposure, F5.6, SS 125, ISO 1600...it was dark so the ISO was at its max. Used Amanda's BW Action on this with level adjustment.

Thank you, Peas!

14 Comments:

Blogger Trisha said...

IMO you did a VERY nice job! Esp. since you were limited on poses! These all look very good to me and I like the conversions as well. Great Job! Good Luck on your next one!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

well you homework paid off. these are great! i just have a little cc...the first one is beautiful but the knobs distract me. could you crop them out w/out destroying the scene? and in the middle one the bottom of the table is distracting also. you could darken it so the light does not show thru or crop. but i love your plan and your photos should make that mom tear up! great job!

3:45 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Great advice. I think you did a wonderful job for your first newborn shoot. The mom will be very pleased. I wish we could see them in color. I'm not a huge fan of black and white. I am of the school of thought that kids should be in color.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Dar Kaso said...

These are beautiful, Im sure the mom will love them. My cc on the second one would be to crop the light fixture and some of the table out, its such a great shot and they are a bit distracting.

Thanks for tips.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

These are beautiful. Great job with the poses and the black and white conversions. I agree wtih cropping out the chandelier in the second one. I'm sure they will love the photos!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh - thank you for the wonderful compliments on my girls. I get comments all the time on them, but I would never have a clue about how to get them into anything - they are toooooo short to model. Nellie is 5 years old and just weighed in with clothes on and shoes at a whopping 32 pounds. Hahahaha. She'll be 17 riding in a childrne's car seat.. LOL Someone once asked me if they were dolls - b/c they are so petite! Maybe they can get into commercials some day or something - and - BTW - I am not doing all that well on keeping up my picture of the day, you just caught me on a week where I could find a couple to post! LOL Thanks again!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Cindi Koceich said...

These are precious! I love the black and white conversions! The only cc I have is that the shadow in the top left corner (near the frame) is a bit distracting! I totally love this pose though and the blocks...what a fabulous idea!! I know the family will just LOVE these!!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

These are sweet... I think the peas before me have give some great cc, so I'll just say--Well done!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Itworksforbobbi said...

I love your last peice of advice about the stuffed toy to demonstrate poses! I would never have thought of that!

My first newborn shoot was a disaster (thank heavens it was just for a friend and I wasn't charging!) The baby cried the entire time and mom was hormonal and leary of almost every pose! It almost turned me off of newborn shoots forever! Luckily my neice wanted to have me do hers and they turned out gorgeous! It's true, sometimes the stars are aligned and things work out!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I love these...the B&W looks great! I like the first and the last...the middle one, has some distractions as others pointed out...I love the pose but the surroundings are distarcting...I know tough to work with in someones home...Thanks so much for the tips! I love those I will have to remember those...

10:58 AM  
Blogger Oakstream Photography said...

Wonderfully done & I LOVE that first shot. EXCELLENT work!!! ;)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Boy did I need to read this today!! I'm doing my first newborn session next month, and totally nervous!! Your photos are amazing, and so, so precious. Fantastic job! :D

7:56 AM  
Blogger AnneMarie said...

I am currently doing homework- tons of notecards about me now! lol!
I think the chandelier is distracting in a way.. can it be cropped or maybe cloned out?

10:22 AM  
Blogger Joanne Fowler said...

Great job on these! I love the pose of mom in #2 but the light fixture is kind of distracting and the pictures are not balanced in the shot. But her expression is so awesome - great capture! So, maybe you can crop some of the other stuff. You're doing great! Thanks for the tips too!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

2 Peas Photographers
Ring Owner: Solei Site: Two Peas in a Bucket Photography Board
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com